AN INVESTMENT THAT PAYS OFF TODAY!
Employers that participate in these certificate programs are rewarded with trained, knowledgeable employees who function as safety specialists. These safety savvy workers save their employers money by reducing lost-time injuries, avoiding fines and citations, and creating cost-effective responses to regulatory requirements.
EARN YOUR ADVANCED SAFETY CERTIFICATE
The National Safety Council’s Advanced Safety Certificate program was designed to maximize your effectiveness as a safety leader and help you establish best safety practices for your organization. Advanced courses focus on technical and management safety skills and best practices needed to advance your safety program. With each course, you’ll be moving further along the path toward greater accomplishment and professional recognition.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- full-time safety practitioners
- safety committee members
- safety coordinators
- safety specialists
- safety managers
- loss control managers
- operations managers
- human resources personnel
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to design a custom safety training program for your organization
- Management skills that establish you as a problem solver and decision maker
- How to determine safety performance measures for your organization and employees
- Techniques for a balanced approach to safety management
- When, how, and to whom you should delegate safety responsibilities
- How to assess your organization’s safety training needs and deliver performance-based training
Complete the Principles of Occupational Safety & Health course and earn 5.2 additional CEUs by taking a mix of the following courses. All courses must be completed within a five-year period.
- Ergonomics: Managing for Results (0.65 CEUs)
- Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene (2.6 CEUs)
- Incident Investigation: Root Cause Analysis (0.65 CEUs)
- Job Safety Analysis (0.65 CEUs)
- Safety Inspections (0.65 CEUs)
- Safety Management Techniques (2.6 CEUs)
- Safety Training Methods (2.6 CEUs)
- Team Safety (0.65 CEUs)