OSHA 3095 – ELECTRICAL STANDARDS
Date(s) - 11/15/2021 - 11/18/2021
08:00 am - 04:00 pm
Virtual Instructor Led Training
This course covers OSHA Electrical Standards and the hazards associated with electrical installations and equipment. Course topics include single- and three-phase systems, cord- and plug-connected and fixed equipment, grounding, ground fault circuit interrupters, and safety-related work practices. Emphasis is placed on electrical hazard recognition and OSHA Standards, policies, and procedures and applicable portions of the National Electrical Code (NEC). Students will participate in workshops on the safe and correct use of electrical testing equipment. Upon course completion students will have the ability to understand the severity of electrical current on the human body, recognize and evaluate actual and potential electrical hazards and reference the applicable OSHA Standard, determine hazard abatement measures, and understand the proper use of electrical testing equipment.
Upon Completion of this course students will learn to:
- Detect electrical hazards, determine which OSHA standards apply, and achieve the appropriate abatement
- Properly use safety electrical test equipment
- Understand the effects of electrical current on the human body with respect to voltage, current path, and the duration of exposure
- Identify and value OSHA electrical standards
- Understand how the National Electrical Code ties into OSHA’s electrical standard
- Students will understand the 2021 edition of NFPA 70E and learn the latest information about the effects of arc flash, arc blast, and direct current (dc) hazards, and recent developments in electrical design and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Student Contact Hours: 26
Course Includes: Student materials
Course Time: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Course Fee: $845.00
VIRTUAL INSTRUCTOR-LED TRAINING (VILT)
Student requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Register at least one week in advance
- Live video attendance
- A desktop or laptop computer with keyboard, audio and video capability (Chromebooks, smart phones and tablets are not compatible).
- Internet Connection
Click here to review all Virtual Instructor-Led Training Device & Internet Connection Requirements
This course is currently closed. For additional options, please contact us at 800-875-4770.