OSHA 2055 – Cranes in Construction
Date(s) - 10/30/2023 - 11/01/2023
08:00 am - 04:00 pm
Baltimore, MD - Chesapeake Region Safety Council
This course covers the best practices in crane and derrick operation using the OSHA Cranes and Derricks in Construction Rule as a guide. This course will comprehensively address key hazards related to cranes and derricks on construction worksites, including the four main causes of worker death and injury: electrocution, crushed by parts of the equipment, struck-by the equipment/load, and falls. Participants will learn how crane accidents happen and most importantly how to prevent them.
Students will participate in hazard violation workshops to reinforce concepts of safe crane operation.
Course Objectives – upon completion of this courses students will have the ability to:
- Describe hazards related to construction crane activities
- Recognize crane types included in the OSHA standard
- Recognize crane types excluded from the OSHA standard
- Describe various components of types of cranes including attachments
- Describe the lifting principles of construction cranes
- Identify the parts of Subpart CC
Course topics include:
- hazards associated with crane assembly and disassembly
- types of cranes
- lifting concepts
- rigging and wire rope
- employee qualifications and training, and
- maintenance, repair, and inspection requirements.
Student Contact Hours: 22.5
Course Includes: Student materials, lunch and refreshments
Course Time: 3 days, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm EST
Log in if you already have an account with us.