OSHA 2015 – Hazardous Materials
Date(s) - 09/06/2022 - 09/09/2022
08:00 am - 04:00 pm
Virtual Instructor Led Training
This course covers OSHA General Industry Standards and other consensus and proprietary standards that relate to the use of hazardous materials. Course topics include flammable and combustible liquids, compressed gases, LP-gases, and cryogenic liquids. Related processes such as spraying and dipping, and use of electrical equipment in hazardous locations are also discussed. Upon course completion students will have the ability to assess compliance with OSHA hazardous materials standards, determine hazardous (classified) locations, and proper moving, storing, and handling of hazardous materials.
Students will Learn to:
- Describe methods for detecting unsafe storage conditions for hazardous materials
- Explain electrical factors that may contribute to the creation or abatement of hazardous conditions
- Relate hazardous conditions and unsafe procedures to appropriate standards for abatement action
- Specify necessary precautions for hazardous operations, such as the dispensing of flammable and combustible liquids
- Describe proper abatement techniques for selected industrial hazards
Topics covered include:
- Flammable and combustible liquids
- Compressed gases
- Cryogenic liquids
- Spraying and dipping processes
- Electrical equipment
- Process safety management
- Hazardous waste operations and emergency response
- Permit-required confined space entry
Student Contact Hours: 26
Course Includes: Student binder, Emergency Response Guide, 29 CFR 1910 OSHA General Industry Regulations.
Course Time: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Course Fee: $845.00
Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) courses require live attendance. Device requirements can be found HERE.
This course is currently closed. For additional options, please contact us at 800-875-4770.