OSHA 5400 Trainer Course for Maritime Industry
This course is designed for personnel interested in teaching the OSHA 10- and 30-Hour Maritime Outreach courses. Special emphasis is placed on those topics that are required in the outreach program as well as on those areas that are the most hazardous. Various instructional approaches and the effective use of visual aids and handouts will also be covered. This course allows the student to become a trainer in the Outreach Training Program, to conduct 10 and 30 hour maritime classes in shipyard employment, marine terminals, and longshoring.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Instruct Maritime workers in OSHA 10 and 30 Maritime Standards hazard identification course
• Define Maritime terms found in the OSHA Maritime Industry and determine appropriate standards
• Identify hazards that occur in the Maritime Industry and determine appropriate standards
• Locate OSHA Maritime Safety and Health standards, policies, and procedures
• Describe the use of the OSHA Maritime standards and regulations to supplement an on-going
safety and health program
• Completion of the OSHA 5410 - Standards for the Maritime Industry
(copy of completion certificate required).
• Three (3) years of maritime industry safety experience.
• Two (2) years of occupational safety and health experience with a broad focus
in any industry.
• A college degree in occupational safety and health
• An Associate Safety Professional (ASP)
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
• Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
• Certified Marine Chemist (CMC)
• or a Certified Health and Safety Manager designation
may be substituted for a total of two (2) years of experience.
The Prerequisite Verification Form is required to complete the registration process. Click this link Prerequisite Verification Form print and send the documentation to our office via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 410-281-1350.
Class Time: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Contact Hours: 26